Most of us who make a living in the Financial Services industry have an appreciation of the importance of strong compliance programs. As an industry securities expert witness, a certified anti-money laundering specialist and a FINRA arbitrator, we are particularly qualified to address these issues.
FINRA compliance considerations permeate, and at times even overwhelm, virtually all of our business issues. Many point to these as a leading reason for the decline in broker-dealer memberships over the past ten years.
We salute those who have chosen to move forward in this strict regulatory environment and we have expanded our support in this area. Bedford and Main has also developed a strong network of partnerships to provide specialized services. This includes such areas as support during the start-up application, temporary compliance aid, and ongoing FINOP personnel support.
And of course Bedford and Main can always help supplement your staff by way of providing:
- Annual Anti-Money Laundering Reviews
- Annual CEO Certifications
- Required Branch Exams
But our core specialty lies in helping firms with what we refer to as "Real Life Resolutions". Examples include:
- You have FINRA exam findings and are unfamiliar with how to address an issue.
- You have received a FINRA Wells Letter on a potential enforcement action.
- You are dealing with an AWC and need hands-on experience to implement corrections quickly.
- You have to customize and tailor Written Supervisory Procedures (WSPs) to reflect a real and practical application for your firm.
- You need to structure a systematic supervisory process that truly instills a culture of compliance in your firm.
- You need to get your firm back on track using industry best practices and available support solutions.