Celebrating our 10th Anniversary!
Bedford and Main is celebrating 10 years of providing consulting services to the broker-dealer and RIA communities!
Thank You to our clients, our supporters and our friends who have made this such a fun and rewarding experience.
Keeping with our reputation for meaningful insights – some would say “BS”ing – allow me to offer the top 10 lessons learned in the past decade:
1) First, be a good person.
2) Relationships always matter. Taking care of your friends is more important than generating income.
3) In a “Mom and Pop” firm, embrace and enjoy being Pop!
4) Old dogs can even like learning new tricks.
5) The vast majority of people you interact with are good people trying to make a living too.
6) No one bats 1000%. Forgive yourself, learn and move on.
7) Never burn bridges or give up on someone. Some business takes years to develop.
8) If a new prospect sounds like a schmuck, pass on the business.
9) Sometimes you have to kick your own butt the hardest to make sure family is your priority.
10) You just care more when it’s your firm.